Available active safety technologies like Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking and Lane Keep Assist work to help you prevent collisions before they happen. In the event of a collision, Malibu comes with a comprehensive air bag6 system and high-strength steel body structure to help protect you, and offers OnStar7 Automatic Crash Response to contact emergency services on your behalf. And to top it off, the Malibu has earned a IIHS Top Safety Pick + Award when equipped with available Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking.
6. Always use safety belts and child restraints. Children are safer when properly secured in a rear seat in the appropriate child restraint. See the Owner’s Manual for more information.
7. Visit onstar.com for details and system limitations. OnStar acts as a link to existing emergency service providers. Not all vehicles may transmit all crash data.
Turbocharged and Tech-Savvy
Offering a turbocharged 1.5L ECOTEC® engine with proven fuel-saving5 technologies including Variable Valve Timing, Direct Injection and stop/start technology, Malibu delivers a sporty, responsive ride and offers an impressive 36 MPG highway5.
With an intuitive and customizable available Chevrolet MyLink2 display offering support for Apple CarPlayTM2 and Android AutoTM3 and an available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi®4 connection, Malibu helps keep you connected to the entertainment you love and the information you need.
2. MyLink functionality varies by model. Full functionality requires compatible Bluetooth and smartphone, and USB connectivity for some devices.
3. Vehicle user interfaces are products of Apple and Google and their terms and privacy statements apply. Requires compatible smartphone and data plan rates apply. Apple CarPlay is a trademark of Apple Inc. iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
4. Requires a compatible mobile device, active OnStar service and data plan. 4G LTE service available in select markets. Visit onstar.com for coverage map, details and system limitations. Data plan provided by AT&T.
Go the Extra Mile, and Then Some
Head-turning style with exceptional efficiency. Malibu Hybrid comes with a 1.8L hybrid engine offering 49 MPG city1, and hybrid-exclusive features like the Driver Efficiency Gauge - which provides feedback on how your driving habits affect fuel economy1 - to help you get the most out of every gallon.
Malibu brings a sense of drama to everyday driving. Windswept body lines and an agile stance give this midsize car a sleek look while helping to provide a surprisingly sporty ride. And with bright and eye-catching available LED daytime running lamps and available LED taillamps, Malibu offers the perfect blend of form and function.